- TWO NEW EVENTS ADDED
LIL BRONCS (6&U) AND PEEWEE BAREBACKS
- Documents tab will be updated as soon as it is fixed.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Delete – Youth Event Directors
Under Jr. Bareback add – PW Bareback
p. 2 – Membership Fee
Annual membership fee for youth contestants is $25. Rodeo personnel (Judges, Timers, Pick-Up Men, Bullfighters, Announcers, Photographers, & etc) will be required to pay an annual membership fee of $25.
p. 2 – General Rules for Contestants
1. Contestants age is as of January 1 of current rodeo year. Age groups are as follows:
Mutton Busting & Lil Broncs – 6 & under
Peewee – 9 & under
Junior – 10 to 14 years
Senior – 15 to 19 years
Delete first sentence of rule #5.
p. 5 – Rodeo Fees
1. In addition to the below entry fee and stock charge (timer charge for barrels and poles), a $10 association fee will be collected by the Rodeo Secretary.
3. Add the highlighted events and fees below and delete Steer Wrestling:
Mutton Bustin (6 & under)
Team Roping - per/man
p. 6 – Dress Code
8. During timed events, hat must be worn when entering the gate. If not, the contestant will be given a dress code fine according to rule #5.
10. Dress code violations will be at the discretion of the AYRA Board of Directors.
p. 9 – Judges
Delete rule # 7
p. 12 – AYRA RODEOS, COMMITTEES AND STOCK CONTRACTORS
12. If a rodeo is cancelled due to inclement weather, the rain date will be the following Sunday afternoon based on the availability of the arena.
p. 12 – AYRA Finals
Delete rule # 3 & # 5
p. 13 – Delete the Youth Event Directors section
p. 19 – JR. BOYS BAREBACK RIDING (Boys 10-14)
Delete rule # 2
Add the following events & rules:
PEE WEE BAREBACK (Boys 9 & under)
1. All bareback riding rules (Boys 15-19) apply to boys except Pee Wee boys are required to ride 4 seconds.
Lil Broncs (Girls and Boys 6 & under, 50 lbs & under)
1. All bareback riding rules (Boys 15-19) apply to Lil Bronc riders except contestants are required to ride 4 seconds.
2. Riders must attempt to mark out animal.
p. 22 – Steer Wrestling delete event & rules
p. 24 – SR. BOYS CHUTE DOGGING (Boys 15-19)
1. Score line will be parallel to bucking chutes. It will be set 10 ft. in front of bucking chute. The measurement will be made with chute gate closed.
2. There will be two judges a Line judge will judge foul line – Field judge will determine legal throw & flag ending time.
3. All steers shall be turned out in the same direction & the same chute used. No open catch pen gate.
4. Dogger gets in chute with steer, both hands in front of or behind front shoulder (not on horns). Dogger must keep hands away from horns until steer’s nose crosses the score line. If he moves into throwing position or touches either horn before steer’s nose crosses score line, there will be a 10 second penalty added to time. If steer is thrown before crossing score line, dogger will be disqualified.
5. If steer gets loose, dogger may take no more than 1 step to catch steer.
6. After crossing start line, wrestler must bring steer to a complete stop or change its direction and twist it down.
7. Steer will be considered thrown down only when it is lying on its side or on its back with all 4 feet & head straight. Steer must be stopped or change directions. Wrestler must have hand on steer when flagged.
8. When steer falls in opposite direction as the wrestler is attempting to throw him (dog fall), the contestant may choose to turn the steer’s head to correspond with the leg position to make legal fall.
9. There will be a sixty (60) second time limit.
RODEO PHOTOS CAN BE VIEWED AT:
A photo gallery has been added. BUT!!! Do not post any pictures unless ALL the people in the picture have consented and know their picture will be included on this website. This website is accessible through the major internet search engines and thus is viewable to the general public. It is advisable not to post any comments that include personal information, such as names, addresses, phone numbers, or pictures that could be hurtful or distasteful. It is up to the discretion of the webmaster whether any individual or composite postings or comments remain on these page. Any pictures, captions, or comments that are deemed inappropriate, misleading, or providing personal information, will be deleted without notice to the person posting the picture or comment.